Thursday, February 13, 2014

Eclipse: JVM terminated. Exit code=13

I downloaded Eclipse for Scala and tried to open it when I got this error window message:

JVM terminated. Exit code=13



A few forums suggested a possible error in the eclipse.ini Java path but that wasn't my case. It was more related to the incompatibility of my downloaded 64-bit version of Eclipse with my default configured 32-bit Java. I have my 32-bit Java as it's the version that works for my VPN connection. I simply switched to a 64-bit Java using:

>:$ sudo update-alternatives --config java
There are 3 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

  Selection    Path                                            Priority   Status
------------------------------------------------------------
  0            /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1071      auto mode
  1            /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1061      manual mode
  2            /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1071      manual mode
* 3            /usr/lib/jvm/jre1.7.0_45/bin/java                1         manual mode

No comments:

Post a Comment